ANNAI VIOLET ARTS AND SCIENCE COLLEGE
Remedial File Preparation
Standard operating procedure
- Principal Circular
- HoD - To conduct staff meeting with agenda
- Minutes of Meeting
- Prepare subject wise pass percentage
- To arrange the remedial class for minimum pass percentage subjects
- Allotment of Remedial class
- Prepare the Time table and approval from HOD
- Faculty allotment – approval from HOD
- File the syllabus
- Prepare the important questions from all units – approval from HOD
Part-A = 20 questions
Part-B = 10 questions
Part-C = 7 questions
Prepare answers for the above questions – approval from HOD
- Prepare the List of students
- Prepare the attendance
- Conduct the class as per schedule
- Circulate the important questions and answers to the students.
- To conduct test at the end of remedial class
- Evaluate the answers sheets
- Issue the evaluated answer script and get their acknowledgement
- Counsel the students
- Prepare the mark statement
- At the end prepare the report about remedial class
- Submit report to the HoD
- Report to be forwarded to the Principal
- File the report after countersigned by the Principal
STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES
1. Academic calendar
- With reference to academic calendar exams are planned.
2. Formation of Exam Committee
- Members for exam committee are selected by the management.
- The committee meets the Principal and plans for the forth coming exams.
- A Circular to all staff members is sent mentioning the dates and subjects with time and session.
- The circular requests for question paper and answer key.
- The same is followed by each department and they in turn frame and submit the individual timetable to the COE which is displayed on the notice boards.
5. Question Papers Setting:
- The respective subject teachers set their Question Papers and will submit the same to the CoE along with the answer key.
- Preparation of Question Paper is as per university regulations.
- Arrangements are made demanding to the number of required copies of question paper.
- All the necessary steps are taken to print the question paper.
- Arrangements of answer scripts, accounts sheets, graph sheet, thread were made.
7. Rooms identification and intimation to All HoDs & In-charges
- Identifying the examination halls and intimation to the Manager is made for necessary arrangements.
- Preparation of consolidated seating plan and attendance sheets.
- Students will be intimidated the same on the previous day of the examinations through different notice boards and entry points near steps.
- Request for security persons to control the flow and to support the examination system.
8. Allotment of Dept. Wise Invigilators
- Invigilators are selected based on the need and are intimidated.
- No of invigilators = total strength / 30 per internal examinations
9. Class room boards cleaning
- The class room board cleaning duty is assigned to Non Teaching staff.
10. Distribution of Question Papers to halls
- The invigilators on the day of Examination carry question papers along with them to the examination hall.
11. Attendance sheet
- Attendance sheet statements are arranged on the daily basis.
- It will be taken by the invigilators to the exam halls along with the question paper cover.
12. Bell timings
- Short Bell at 8.45AM / 12.30 PM
- Medium Bell at 9:00AM / 12.45 PM
- Long Bell at 9.15 AM / 1:00 PM
- Warning Bell at 12:25 PM / 3.55 PM
- Final Bell at 12.15:00 PM / 4:00 PM
13. Absentees Statements for all examinations
- A notebook is circulated to all the rooms to get information of the strength of the students.
- After every examination, branch wise consolidated absentee’s statement is prepared.
14. Collection and Submission of answer scripts from invigilators to Subject Teachers
- Branch wise answer scripts will be collected from invigilators.
- The same will be handed over to the respective subject teachers.
15. Evaluation & Submission
- Collection of the marks statements from the subject teachers.
- Absentees should be marked with separate ink.
- Entering the same data in CMS.
- Maintaining all the acknowledgements of uploading data.
- Consolidated Branch wise marks collected from each department.
16. Receiving queries, doubts and problems in the mark entry within 2 days and rectification of the same from respective staff and re-communicated to students.
17. A Retest will be conducted for the failures and absentees.
18. University Internal assessment marks is evaluated based on the internal examinations.