Cooking Competition for "Budding Cooks" was organized by IQAC and Department of Microbiology on account of WORLD FOOD SAFETY DAY on 07.06.21 for School (XI & XII) and college students.
The participants must send a video clip (less than 25 MB & not more than 2 minutes) on preparation of the dish along with explanation and its benefits.The video should be attched in the form given below for participation.
1. Immunity boosting food recipe
2. Nutritious food recipe.
3. Simple delicacies with homemade items.
We received 99 entries for the competition in which 60 candidates were qualified.
The Eminent Judges for this competition are,
1. Mr. R. Selvakumar
Department of Hotel & Catering Management,
Jaya college of Arts and Science, Thiruninravur.
2. Mr. Moses Melki,
Chef, Ozone Park Family Restaurant, Veppampattu.
3. Mrs. Mohanavalli,
Head, Department of Mathematics,
Annai Violet Arts and Science College, Chennai.
Judges scrutinized the winners on the basis of authentic videos made by the participants, it's nutritional value, video preparation and presentation of the recipe. The videos that had artificial flavours, addition of chemicals, videos that were copied from YouTube were rejected. On the whole, 15 colleges and 8 schools participated.
I Prize - Ishrath Raihana M, XII std, Sethu Bhaskara Mat. Hr. Sec. School, Ambattur, Ch-53 for POHA IDLY.
II Prize - M. Agathiya, I yr Bsc MB, STET Women's college, Mannargudi for INDIAN MALLOW CHUTNEY.
III Prize - K. Monisha, XII Std, K.B.C Govt Girls Higher Secondary School Redhills, Ch-52 for RICE FLOUR NOODLES AND COCONUT PAYASAM.
1. Best Immune boosting food - Sushmitha V, II B. Sc Physician Assistant, DR.MGR Educational and Research institute, Maduravoyal for DRUMSTICK LEAVES SOUP.
2. Best innovative and Nutritious food - Sudharshini T, XI Std, R M K Senior Secondary School School for TURKEY BERRY PEPPER RICE.
3. Best homemade simple delicacies - Raj Paudel S, I B. Com, Annai Violet Arts and Science College, Chennai for POTATO CHEESE BALL.
Participation certificates (for all 60 qualified students) were sent to their respective mail id. Prize winners would receive their prizes after the lockdown.
Coordinator - Dr. Hamsavathani V,
Organizing Secretaries - Mrs. Angel Jenefa & Dr. V Shyamala
DEPARTMENT OF MICROBIOLOGY,